Beat the midweek blues with this vibrant beetroot dip!
- 450g raw beetroots.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 2tbs curry powder.
- ½ tsp maple syrup.
- 3tbsp rapeseed oil.
- 2tsp lemon juice.
- 1½ tbsp tahini or sesame seeds.
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Selection of vegetation or wholegrain carbohydrate to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Peel and cut beetroot into similar size chunks and leave to one side.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rapeseed oil, garlic, curry powder, maple syrup salt and pepper.
- Add the prepared beetroot to the mix and stir until the beetroot is covered evenly.
- Place the coated beetroot onto an oven dish and bake for 25-30 mins. Turning halfway through cooking.
- Once removed from the oven leave to cool, when cooled transfer to food processor. Add lemon juice tahini or sesame seeds then blend to the required consistency. Add additional seasoning or chilly if required.
- Serve with chopped vegetable (e.g., carrots, celery, cauliflower florets), or wholegrain carbohydrate option such as pitta bread, crackers or seeded bread.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.