Everyone Health Ltd as an employer, is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its employees, so far as is reasonably practicable. We also fully accept our responsibility for other persons who may be affected by our activities and we will take steps to ensure that our statutory duties are met at all times. Everyone Health Ltd expects all staff, visitors, contractors and other employers who work at Everyone Health Ltd to share this commitment by complying with the policies and procedures at Everyone Health Ltd and to understand that they too have legal and moral obligations to themselves and to one another.
Everyone Health Ltd acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities placed on it as an ‘Employer’ by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and other relevant legislation. Everyone Health Ltd considers that a safe and healthy working environment is a prerequisite to achieving the safe, high-quality Care and a safe working environment for our staff and those who work on our behalf.
Everyone Health Ltd will provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents, incidents, illnesses and near misses. Through the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy and Procedure, Everyone Health Ltd is committed to the following objectives:
- To provide, as far as reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy working environment, and safe premises and facilities for staff, Patients, contractors and others who work on our behalf
- Maintaining the workplace in a safe condition and providing adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work
- The provision and maintenance of equipment, and systems of work that are safe
- Arrangements are in place for ensuring safety in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
- Providing information, instructions, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of its employees and other persons
- Health and Safety Policies, Standards and Management Systems (including procedures and work instructions) will be defined, documented, implemented and maintained
- Creating for staff, as far as is practicable, a working environment where potential work-related stressors are avoided, minimised or mitigated through good management practices, effective human resources policies and staff development
- Ensuring, as far as reasonably practicable, that risks for staff associated with travel and attending Patients’ homes for Everyone Health Ltd are appropriately identified and managed
- Making sure that all staff are aware of their health and safety responsibilities, know what is expected of them and what they must do to discharge the responsibilities assigned to them
- Providing access for staff to appropriate training and development to enable them to discharge competently the
responsibilities assigned to them
- Having an effective system for communicating and consulting on health and safety matters and securing the co- operation of staff, Patients, other healthcare providers working from the premises of Everyone Health Ltd and commissioners in implementing the Health and Safety Policy and Procedure
- To have in place arrangements to plan, implement, monitor and review measures to address risks arising from the activities of Everyone Health Ltd
- To strive to improve continuously the health and safety performance of Everyone Health Ltd
- Appointing a competent person to support Everyone Health Ltd to meet our statutory duties
- To provide sufficient resources with which Everyone Health Ltd can effectively discharge their duties in maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for all who work and live in the premises of Everyone Health Ltd
Everyone Health Ltd will undertake to continuously review and develop our health and safety management systems and processes with the overarching aim of conducting our activities in a manner which supports and protects the health and safety of any staff, Patients, other providers, contractors, visitors and members of the public.
The other members of Everyone Health Ltd are committed to this policy and to the implementation and maintenance of the highest standards of health, safety and welfare within Everyone Health Ltd. We expect every member of Everyone Health Ltd to share this commitment and to work together to achieve it.
This Policy statement will be reviewed at least annually.
Approval for this statement:
This statement was approved by the Clinical Governance Manager
Document updated: 14th November 2023