Full Time Role – 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated community programme manager to work within our integrated Healthy Communities Lifestyle Service, as an integral part of our community team which supports residents aged 18+ and residing in Staffordshire County area. The role will be responsible for overseeing the Social Isolation Team, organising local community events to promote the service, connecting and networking with local providers in the community, coordinating clinics and timetabling, and working closely with the Deputy and Service Managers in the development and delivery of the Social Isolation service, and towards providing and promoting effective and sustainable support toward achieving service KPI’s.
If you are an excellent communicator who is enthusiastic, motivated and looking to make a difference to local communities, then this is the role for you. You will need to be open to travel and supporting teams in areas further afield including Newcastle and North Staffordshire, Burton, Tamworth, Stafford, Cannock, and South Staffordshire on occasion too.
This can be a fast-paced role therefore this role requires a pro-active approach, and you must be able to manage your time and react quickly to change. We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a flexible, versatile, and responsive ‘can do’ approach.
The key functions of the role are:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Are flexible with good time management and planning and organisation skills
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based service
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations, and agencies
- Can talk confidently to diverse groups and individuals, maintaining key messages
- Have experience of community outreach and engagement
- Can demonstrate an operational capability to plan and run successful events
Is this role for you?
For more information and to download the job description please visit our website http://www.everyonehealth.co.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities/ and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 19th December Interviews: TBC Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Community Engagement Programme Manager (Social Isolation)
To provide a critical role as Community Engagement Programme Manager within Staffordshire’s Healthy Communities Service. This post will:
- Ensure the service is integrated within a range of different partners/key stakeholders, to ensure the service is delivered proportionate to need and encompassed by strong entry and exit routes, reflective of the local third sector and wider agencies.
- To provide a management role for local teams by offering appropriate direction and guidance for all colleagues; ensuring training and development needs are assessed and appropriate training is provided.
- Adopt and implement a range of methodologies to maximise opportunities for successful community engagement, embedding referral pathways and subsequent service uptake by the local population.
- Support the local health and wellbeing infrastructure, contributing toward District, Borough and countywide meetings, enhancing local networks and agendas to ensure cohesive service delivery in line with existing services.
- Provide a leadership role in service planning, development, implementation and co-ordination of the Staffordshire Healthy Communities Service.
- To develop and co-ordinate a community engagement strategy, to target specific groups and in particular those in areas of greatest need, to tackle inequalities in health through promoting and supporting people to develop healthier behaviour and lifestyle choices.
- To play a key role in supporting the service manager and deputy service manager in the co-ordination of the service across the entire county and respective local area.
- To take accountability and responsibility for KPIs and ensure regular updates are provided to the Service Manager.
- To play a key role in the delivery of training to colleagues and health professionals within the community.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support the delivery teams, ensuring services are delivered in line with need, deprivation, prevalence and representative of local demographics, taking into account vulnerable groups and under-represented users of the service.
- Work cohesively with the local Districts, Boroughs and CCG’s to enhance relationships and strengthen locality awareness within delivery teams.
- Build strong relationships to support the contract to establish strong referral networks, working with a range of partners Community organisations, workplace settings and voluntary sector, to promote and embed the service, referrals and service benefits to health within settings.
- Map the local offer to support the multi-disciplinary team with their supportive offer, ensuring it is embedded within sustainable services local and accessible to individuals.
- Coordinate opportunities for Tier 1 service delivery, taking into account need, demand and proportionality in line with outcome measures assigned within the contract.
- Represent the service with a professional attitude at all times, building strong, meaningful and productive relationships with partners.
- Support the delivery team, by opening doors for delivery opportunities across the county.
- Support the Service Manager and Marketing and Communications Teams, utilising social marketing principles and market segmentation tools to inform engagement strategies.
- Embrace collaborative approaches to engagement, maximising community asset based approached for significant community engagement, identifying and developing opportunities for collaboration with other organisations and wider community development activity.
- Support the service to achieve contractual performance indicators, demonstrating a wide range of community engagement methodologies at all times.
- Support the service’s volunteer engagement strategy.
- Keep accurate records and written reports, ensuring community development activity is recorded accurately to ensure effective CRM (Client Relationship Management).
- Be compliant with all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines; including the appropriate code(s) of conduct associated with this post; maintain awareness of safeguarding issues, report and acting on concerns in accordance with Everyone Health and Local Authority policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for own CPD and participate in Everyone Health’s induction, training and continual professional development as required; recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by professional body.
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes high quality.
- Lead in the evaluation of partner relations to ensure collaborative approaches are embraced in relation to service development and the effectiveness of care.
- To work within the requirements of the 6 C’s: care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment.
- Ensure that commitment to equality and diversity is reflected at all stages of project planning, delivery and evaluation, in line with agreed service standards.
- Be an ambassador for Everyone Health, promoting the service to members of the public and other stakeholders/ partners, where appropriate.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Are flexible with good time management, project management, planning and organisation skills
- Possess experience of identifying community skills, assets, issues and needs and involving communities in service evaluation and development
- Are adept in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are experienced in raising public awareness on issues relevant to the health of the community
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of community development and engagement, with sound understanding of multiple risk factors that can affect individuals, particularly those in the most vulnerable and deprived communities.
- Possess experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
- Can demonstrate an operational capability to plan, attend and run successful meetings and events
- Knowledge of relevant community development, health and social policy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of community development and engagement, with sound understanding of multiple risk factors that can affect individuals, particularly those in the most vulnerable and deprived communities.
- Knowledge of populations who experience social anxiety or isolation and affects on health.
- Knowledge of social marketing approaches and use of market segmentation tools, with a focus on identifying triggers for behaviour change.
- Strong knowledge of methods and channels for engaging with a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
- A comprehensive knowledge of good communications and engagement practice and how to translate practice into innovative and effective solutions.
- Knowledge of effective project management principles.
- A demonstrable understanding of health inequalities and approaches used to tackle these.
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based service or Public Health
- Have previous experience or a strong interest in delivering social isolation and loneliness services.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of loneliness and isolation, and an awareness of key health messages the around the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, mental wellbeing and managing key risk factors: smoking cessation, diet, physical activity, weight management and alcohol consumption.
- Building strong links and relationships with a range of groups, organisations and agencies.
- Liaison with interested groups and individuals to set up new services.
- Planning, attending and coordinating meetings and events.
- Encouraging participation in activities.
- Managing own workload, to ensure tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Using software systems to document, collate and evidence work.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience that qualifies, assures and satisfies ability to fulfil all aspects of this role.
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Highly motivated self-starter with resilience, determination and the ability to see jobs through to completion.
- Role incorporates evening / weekend working, with variable high levels of travel across Staffordshire, working in a variety of settings including the community, youth and community centres.
- Full Driving license, Ability to travel across Staffordshire. Access to a ‘business insured’ car for work.
- Evidence of a personal commitment to continuing professional development and to maintaining an up-to-date professional knowledge supporting the development of business within the company.
- This post involves working with children / young people / vulnerable adults and as such the post holder will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level (DBS).
Everyone Health Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the adults, young people and children who use the services. All staff have a responsibility to report any identified concerns of abuse or exploitation through the appropriate route in line with the respective policies and procedures.