Fixed Term Contract of 1 year. (Part time role 15 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity is available for experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Physical Activity Specialist. This roles will contribute to the development, provision and coordination of the Child Weight Management Service in Southwark. This community-based, multi component service offers a personalised care package for children from 4 – 17 years of age, with a focus on those overweight or obese, and those who are at high risk of obesity. This service is delivered by an expert multi-disciplinary team, providing advice on healthy eating and physical activity.
Playing a pivotal role within this service, you will be responsible for providing high quality, physical activity advice and support, including NICE Compliant Children’s Weight Management group delivery working within a multi-disciplinary specialist weight management team. You will provide expert physical activity advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of theoretical principles of behaviour change, to support children and their families to make informed decisions in relation to their weight.
This post will:
This role will be on a part-time basis will commence from January 2022, you will be required to work in several facilities delivering the physical activity element of this service to Children aged between 4-17 years in a group or virtual setting
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to translate physical activity and exercise information into a format that is appropriate and understandable for clients/patients to support compliance with increased levels of physical activity and reduced sedentary behaviour, for habitual behaviour change.
- Proven ability to relate, motivate and confidently engage individuals in activities and discussion as part of a group and in a 1-2-1 situations.
- Sound interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with all levels of colleagues, including effective partnerships with other agencies and service providers.
- Good execution of exercise delivery: enthusiastic, motivating, clear cueing and innovative.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children across Tier 2 weight management programmes across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient setting
- Experience of taking accurate physical measures and contributing to helping individuals meet physical activity/exercise targets
Is this role for you?
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website. Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: 9th December 2021
Please note: Interviews will be held the following week.
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Physical Activity Specialist Child Weight Management
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To plan, organise, deliver, and evaluate the physical activity and prescribed exercise element of the Tier 2 Children Weight Management Programme to Children aged from 4 – 17
- Provide comprehensive assessment and provision of physical activity advice and exercise prescription, together with on-going support to clients/patients, in group settings and some 1-2-1 sessions, implementing practical skills and knowledge of behaviour change theories.
- Ensure exercise prescription is continually monitored and progressed / regressed, according to individual needs.
- Support the physical activity development, delivery, evaluation and quality assurance of the integrated service and provide key physical activity expertise within care planning to the MDT and other colleagues within the service, ensuring excellent service delivery.
- Facilitate and empower clients/patients to change behaviour and adopt positive lifestyle changes by providing health education and evidence-based advice regarding increasing habitual physical activity, reducing sedentary behaviour and helping clients/patients to address barriers to change.
- To conduct on-going specialist physical activity support for those accessing the service including patient reviews and on-going case management.
- Contribute to ‘MDT meetings’ to discuss caseloads, care plans, case management and specific client/patient care including discharge planning, on-going management and / or referral to other relevant professionals.
- Accountable for ensuring programme delivery is monitored using validated tools and systems to collect and analyse client/patient performance outcome measures and evaluation, to ensure that the contractual KPI’s are achieved and an excellent service is demonstrated; critical and rigorous implementation of all physical activity and functional capacity measures at key milestones across the services, ensuring excellent recording, monitoring and reporting on patient outcomes.
- Utilising iMPACT (and other relevant data systems) and internal reporting procedures to demonstrate service efficacy through generation of excellent health outcome data, contributing to an internal qualitative and quantitative evidence base.
- Keep accurate patient records, ensuring patient personal information is recorded in accordance with Everyone Health and Local Authority policies; Information Governance, Data Protection, and Data Sharing agreements.
- Work to achieve continual service improvement and client/patient-centred services in accordance with participant feedback, NICE guidance, Industry and local recommendations.
- Be compliant with all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines; including the appropriate code(s) of conduct associated with this post; maintain awareness of safeguarding issues, report and acting on concerns in accordance with Everyone Health and Local Authority policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety of all clients/patients by undertaking: risk assessments, health and safety checks, equipment checks etc., as directed by the Service Manager. Respond to any relevant clinical / colleague issues / incidences to manage a mitigate risk, and maintain best practice.
- To have sound knowledge of common co-morbidities associated with obesity and the ability to liaise with the GP and other health professionals / agencies as necessary.
- Work as a cohesive member of the team through regular communication and liaise with community partners and referrers to ensure the successful recruitment and retention of clients/patients within the service, supporting integration and shared learning across the Tiers.
- To be responsible and accountable for achievement of relevant contractual targets including referrals, uptake, completion percentage targets and effective outcome measures, through delivery of high standard nutritional care.
- Support community engagement: build a network of key contacts and undertake networking publicity and promotional activity to raise the profile of the service and to identify and engage with target populations.
- Respect colleague’s professional roles and scope of practice, ensuring a supportive and proactive member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Take responsibility for own CPD and participate in Everyone Health’s induction, training and continual professional development as required; recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by professional body.
- Ensure that commitment to equality and diversity is reflected at all stages of project planning, delivery and evaluation, in line with agreed service standards.
- Be an ambassador for Everyone Health, promoting the Southwark Child Weight Management Service to members of the public and other stakeholders/ partners, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the growth of Everyone Health by working collaboratively with Managers / colleagues to develop and have some responsibility for an expanding portfolio of services and products.
1. SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of prescribing exercise and advising on physical activity to special populations specifically obesity as well as at population / community level.
- Sound knowledge of the complex care of the obese and morbidly obese client/patient.
- Knowledge of specific physical activity and exercise requirements for delivering appropriate weight management programmes for children.
- Knowledge of behavioural and emotional development issues.
- Knowledge of stigma associated with obesity and effects on social and emotional well-being.
- Knowledge of weight management, nutrition and physical activity in relation to health improvement.
- Knowledge of psychological and behaviour change theoretical techniques in relation to supporting people to make positive lifestyle changes.
- Knowledge of NICE guidance relating to the treatment of obesity.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Patient Confidentiality and the Data Protection Act.
- across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient settings
- Experience of working effectively as part of a MDT /team.
- Experience of working with clients/patients of different cultures, genders and ages.
- Experience of working to time schedules.
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes.
- Experience of working to challenging performance targets and achieving excellent outcomes.
- Degree or Diploma in relevant subject area, or equivalent knowledge and experience gained through working in a specialised physical activity role.
- Level 2 Children’s Exercise Certificate
- REPs /CIMSPA recognised Level 3 Exercise Referral certificate (desirable)
5. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Highly motivated self-starter with resilience, determination and the ability to see jobs through to completion.
- Role incorporates evening / weekend working, with variable high levels of travel across Hackney, working in a variety of settings including the community, youth and community centres.
- Ability to travel across Hackney as required.
- Car insurance to include ‘for business.’
- Flexibility to support other London Weight Management Services as business requires.
- Evidence of a personal commitment to continuing professional development and to maintaining an up-to-date professional knowledge supporting the development of business within the company.
- This post involves working with children and vulnerable adults as such the post holder will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level (DBS).
Everyone Health Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the adults, young people and children who use the services. All staff have a responsibility to report any identified concerns of abuse or exploitation through the appropriate route in line with the respective policies and procedures.