Full Time Role (37.5 hours per week).
An exciting opportunity is available for a coordinator to coordinate our new Merton Falls and Frailty physical activity service. This is a critical role to ensure the successful implementation, management, development, and continuous improvement and requires you to be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of this service.
You will lead the service which will include coordinating the delivery of a community physical activity timetable for older adults, deliver ‘train the trainer’ workshops to adults interested in becoming trainers themselves and manage a small grants application process.
We would like to hear from you if you are experienced in:
- Public Health services management, delivering and leading community-based physical activity and or prevention and treatment services to a high quality.
- A qualified Level 3 physical activity specialist, falls prevention instructor or similar with an understanding of the falls prevention framework and the CMO guidelines for older adults
- Leadership of diverse professional groups, providing strong and effective direction and management.
- Outcomes focused
- Oversight of evidence-based health improvement and public health programmes within whole population communities.
- Partnership working and community engagement.
- Data collection, collation, and reporting.
Are you prepared to be challenged?
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, a focus on detail and quality and ideally have achieved a relevant public health / sports science related degree level qualification. If you would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this post please send a current CV with supporting letter via Indeed or to [email protected]
Closing date is: Friday 11th March 2022. Please note: Interviews to be held shortly after closing date.
Any offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Lead the service which will include coordinating the delivery of a community physical activity timetable for older adults, deliver ‘train the trainer’ workshops to adults interested in becoming trainers themselves and manage a small grants application process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate the delivery of a community physical activity timetable aimed at older adults to improve strength and balance including activities like circuits/dance/racket sports/Nordic walking/new age kurling etc
- Manager a small grant programme for community groups to bid into
- Deliver 2-day train the trainer workshops to adults interested in delivering activities in the community
- Create partnerships with community groups and key stakeholders
- Promote the service to ensure we hit our targets
- Collect and report data
- Attend contract meetings
- Lead on the evaluation of the service
- Line manage a service administrator
1. SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Competent in presenting to large groups
- Competent in being able to analyse data and produce relevant reports
- Competent in using public health data to target service delivery
- Competent in using social media for advertising and promotion
- Be able to work independently
- Ability to motivate groups
- Ability to understand financial accounts
- Ability to form partnerships with community groups and organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of Merton older people services and community groups
- Knowledge and understanding of the falls prevention framework
- Experienced project coordinator of community services and/or public health services
- Experienced physical activity instructor to older adults
- Experience delivering training workshops
- Experience working in partnership with community groups
- Experience managing small grants schemes
- Experience as a line manager
- Public Health or Sports Science related degree (desirable)
- Level 3 Exercise Professional (desirable)
- Falls Prevention Instructor trained (desirable)
5. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Have a car with business insurance and be able to travel around Merton
- DBS required
Everyone Health Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the adults, young people and children who use the services. All staff have a responsibility to report any identified concerns of abuse or exploitation through the appropriate route in line with the respective policies and procedures.