Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity is available for a Public Health Manager to manage our Integrated Lifestyle Service across Staffordshire. This role requires you to be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the Staffordshire Service. This is a critical role to ensure the successful implementation, management, development, and continuous improvement of this exciting service.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary team across Staffordshire to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities through delivery of dynamic and integrated group and 1-1 interventions and training. This community-based, multi component service offers adult weight management, stop smoking, health trainer, increase physical activity, reduce social isolation, NHS health checks, falls prevention and healthy workplace services.
We would like to hear from you if you are experienced in:
- Public Health services management, delivering and leading community-based prevention and treatment services to a high quality.
- Leadership of diverse professional groups, providing strong and effective direction and management.
- Implementation, assurance, and management of services with specific, demonstrable health outcomes.
- Outcomes focused
- Oversight of evidence-based health improvement and public health programmes within whole population communities.
- Partnership working and community engagement.
- Data collection, collation, and reporting.
Are you prepared to be challenged?
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, a focus on detail and quality and ideally have achieved a relevant public health related degree level qualification. If you would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this post please send a current CV with supporting letter via Indeed or to the email addresses advised on our website.
Closing date is: 12th September 2021. Please note: Interviews to be held shortly after closing date.
Any offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
- To be responsible and accountable for the successful, implementation, delivery and development of the Staffordshire Lifestyle Service; ensuring robust, effective and efficient delivery of all service KPIs, to achieve all operational, contractual and financial targets.
- Ensure the use of evidence based best practice and innovation to achieve high quality, excellent patient/client services across the service.
- To ensure the service is equitable and effective for all service users.
- To ensure the service is fully embedded in the whole local area.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsible and accountable for:
- The strategic planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of all services and programmes relating to Staffordshire Lifestyle service in line with the tendered Service submission, Key Performance Indicators, and contract.
- Applying sound budget management principles to deliver a high-quality service within budget; setting and delivering internal budgets, achieve contractual income targets whilst monitoring and scrutinising expenditure lines to achieve budget, ensuring improved profitability, maximising resources available and adding value to the service wherever possible.
- Managing and leading a dynamic and multidisciplinary team including but not limited to Nutritionists and Physical Activity Specialists. Providing strong and excellent leadership skills, to support, motivate and inspire colleagues to take ownership of service delivery and empower patients / clients to adopt healthier lifestyles.
- Through sound business planning processes, identify the need for, and implement recruitment and management of staff, ensuring effective systems are in place for training and development needs are assessed and appropriate training is provided, being accountable for ensuring professional registration is maintained through provision of CPD and holding a central register.
- Ensure the contract delivery is integrated across all services, through application of evidence-based practice which is reflective of key national guidance and recommendations.
- Work with the Central Management team to achieve continual service improvement and client/patient-centred services in accordance with participant feedback, NICE guidance, national and local recommendations, professional competences and Everyone Health policies and procedures, ensuring services are delivered in line with best practice and NICE guidance.
- Ensure services are developed, delivered and audited consistently across Staffordshire providing targeted approaches to specific community groups / individuals, adopting a variety of community engagement methodologies, to establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are experiencing the greatest inequalities in health.
- Highly efficient and effective monitoring of contractual performance targets (health outcomes and financial), providing data analysis and disseminating meaningful targets to all colleagues to ensure collective accountability for achievement of all indicators.
- Monitor data collection practices, conduct regular audits and disseminate outcomes to the wider team, ensuring collective accountability for achievement of all indicators. Fully accountable for ensuring KPI data is collected and reported accurately and appropriately, and fully responsible for knowing the detail behind the numbers.
- Rigorous monitoring and evaluation of service delivery and colleague performance, ensuring auditing processes are implemented accordingly to achieve continuous service improvement.
- Utilising data systems and internal reporting procedures to ensure data collection processes are robust to evidence service efficacy through generation of excellent outcome data, contributing to an internal qualitative and quantitative evidence base, to demonstrate best practice and value for money.
- Preparation and production of all written materials (including budgets, activity plans, monthly and quarterly reports) for the purpose of documenting contractual activity to both internal and external stakeholders (as relevant) and to the Head of Everyone Health Services.
- Generating, establishing and maintaining strong and influential working relationships with key stakeholders / partners and commissioners, especially at whole system and whole area levels, and represent Everyone Health on a local, regional and national level as and when required.
- Delivery of the Marketing and Communications Plan, supported by the Marketing team, which incorporates community, partnership and stakeholder engagement; ensure the dissemination of appropriate marketing materials across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to enable the achievement of key performance indicators through highly effective community engagement methodologies.
- Ensuring a commitment to equal opportunities is reflected at all stages of project planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation, in line with agreed service standards.
- Take an active part in developing own knowledge and skills of others by mentoring, through supervision and review.
- Contribute to the growth of Everyone Health by working collaboratively and supportively with colleagues to develop the portfolio, with involvement in and management of relevant projects where necessary.
- Line Management of key colleagues including but not limited to pathway coordinators and Locality managers
1. SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrable strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to set objectives, prioritise, provide sound judgement and decision-making, often within tight timescales
- Experience of interpreting national and regional health priorities and aligning them to corporate agendas and service objectives
- Demonstrable experience of managing large complex programmes, across different demographics and areas
- Demonstrable experience of accountability for managing a number of staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets; demonstrable financial acumen and awareness, and ability to prepare full financial reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure effective communication with a wide range of individuals including clients, colleagues, external partners and members of the public including the ability to produce and present clear written reports and guidance, which interpret and effectively communicate/ explain complex issues
- Sound management and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with all levels of colleagues, including effective partnerships with other agencies and service providers
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to be flexible, and exercise sound judgement and decision-making.
- Numeracy/statistical skills sufficient to analyse/interpret financial and health outcome data and demonstrable ability to write and prepare complex quantitative and qualitative reports.
- Ability to think creatively, be innovative and realise the opportunities for developing projects; demonstrable ability to tailor service delivery to population needs; demonstrable ability to identify issues and problem solve.
- Ability to confidently and competently use a variety of computer packages including the ability to learn quickly when using national and internal databases
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, valuing the contribution of others
- Proven influencing and persuading skills sufficient to persuade others to a different course of action in difficult circumstances to ultimately improve the health and services for the local communities
- A desire to play an active part in the successful growth of the business
- Sound knowledge and understanding of primary and secondary health care, public health policy and practice
- Knowledge of key relevant health and social policies, including legislation and drivers for improving healthcare community service provision and health health-related behaviour.
- Knowledge of behaviour change theoretical principles and practice
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR processes and procedures
- Understanding of processes and systems in line with quality assurance systems for effective governance.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Patient Confidentiality Act, the Data Protection Act and Information Governance.
- Understanding of the significance of evidence based approaches to healthcare provision.
- Appreciation of the contribution that effective performance management processes can make to service delivery and improvement
- Substantial management and project management experience within community healthcare systems.
- Demonstrable ability to manage budgets
- Experience of effective budget management and expenditure planning, achieving profitable return.
- Demonstrable ability to lead complex teams of colleagues
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a team of staff delivering a responsive, patient focused professional service.
- Proven ability of successful programme delivery targeting marginalised communities; proven ability to implement services that meet quantitative KPIs and affect prevalence of unhealthy behaviours and reduce health inequalities
- Experience of interpreting national, regional and local priorities, aligning them to health agendas.
- Proven ability to manage contractual targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience of service data analysis to interpret and report on data outcomes.
- Experience of working with stakeholders and developing strong, successful partnership arrangements
- Ability to undertake and prioritise a diverse and demanding workload, working on own initiative and working to competing deadlines
- Proven ability of writing reports, procedures, policies and communications for wide circulation
- Experience of marketing (including social marketing) and promotions, and evaluating marketing methods.
- Educated to health-related degree level (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience/ qualifications in project management
- Relevant experience/qualifications in programme management
- Relevant qualifications in health behaviour change
- Post graduate qualifications in public health, health promotion, behaviour change or similar.
5. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Highly motivated self-starter with resilience, determination and the ability to see jobs through to completion.
- Role incorporates evening / weekend working, with variable levels of travel across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Full UK Driving licence and access to a car for work- with ‘business purposes’ insurance.
- Evidence of a personal commitment to continuing professional development and to maintaining an up-to-date professional knowledge supporting the development of business within the company.
- This post involves working with vulnerable adults and as such the post holder will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level (DBS).
Everyone Health Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the adults, young people and children who use the services. All staff have a responsibility to report any identified concerns of abuse or exploitation through the appropriate route in line with the respective policies and procedures.