It’s only taken until May, but we’re finally getting a glimpse of the sun!
As Summer is starting to arrive and we’re being treated to another Bank Holiday Weekend, we’ll no doubt be lapping it up outside, so we’ve compiled a checklist of essentials to help you stay safe in the sun.
- Suncream – Make sure you’re slathering plenty of this on at least every 2 hours to avoid burning.
Tip: Don’t forget to apply to areas like your nose, ears, hands, feet and lips!
- Water – Everyone should aim to drink the recommended 2 litres of water a day, however when the sun is making an appearance, you should try to drink more as your body needs more fluids in the hot weather.
- Sunglasses – A pair that provide sun protection (and to save your eyes from constant squinting!)
- Snacks – Even though a lot of people don’t feel like eating when it’s hot, it’s important to have some healthy and light snacks such as veggie platters and fruit salads you can pick at to stay energised.
- Cold flannels – Stick some flannels in the freezer for the ultimate cool-down hack (this can work for pyjamas too!)
- Ice lollies – Of course, the ultimate summer staple! They cool you down, can be a good way to hydrate and most importantly are tasty. For some ice lolly inspiration, head over to 5 easy ice lollies | BBC Good Food to see how you can make your own healthy icy treats.