How to make Peanut Ladoo
Peanut Lado make a great healthy and tasty alternative to the traditional Lado.
- 1 cup or raw peanuts (provide a great source of plant-based source of protein and high in vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats)
- ¼ cup of Jaggery (is a great source of iron and a perfect natural sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Roast the raw peanuts on a medium heat until they are crunchy. Make sure to keep stirring the peanuts to ensure that they are evenly cooked and do not burn.
- Transfer the roasted peanuts into a bowl and leave then to them cool.
- When the peanuts have cooled to room temperature, rub them between your palms to remove their skin.
- Place the pealed peanuts into a food processor and grind into a rough powder
- Next add the jaggery and ghee and grind all the ingredients together. Depending on your preference either grind to a smooth past or keep the mixture course for a bit more crunch.
- Transfer the mixture into a tray and then divide into equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of crushed peanuts (optional) and store in an airtight container