Part-time Role – 16 hours per week
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated alcohol health trainer to support the integrated Lifestyle Service across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough . This role will contribute to the development, provision and coordination of all aspects of a Lifestyle service, integrating weight management, health improvement and behaviour change programmes. The alcohol health trainer will work closely with the specialist Substance Misuse Treatment service in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by providing individual personal support for more complex clients who are drinking at increasing risk levels and require extended brief intervention, focusing on reducing alcohol consumption and improving key lifestyle behaviours and signposting to other relevant services. They will increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of health professionals through the delivery of quality evidence-based alcohol early intervention training to internal colleagues and external partners
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working with complex clients who are drinking alcohol at increasing risk levels
- Have delivered Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) training previously
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
To apply: Please send a current CV with supporting letter to [email protected], and please visit our website at Work With Us – Everyone Health to download the advert and full job specification.
Closing date: Friday 2nd September 2022
Interview date: Monday 12th September 2022
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications