Part Time Role (20 hours per week). Competitive Salary
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated community leaders, to work within our integrated healthy Lifestyle Service, as an integral part of one of our community teams, to be based in the North part of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (predominately Huntingdonshire but some cover in Fenland and Peterborough may be required). These roles will be responsible for empowering the community to access our service through making and maintaining strong community links, through helping other agencies understand the role of the service and through community outreach and engagement activities.
If you are an excellent communicator who is enthusiastic, motivated and looking to make a difference to local communities, then this is the role for you.
The key functions of the role are:
Our Community Engagement and Network Leads work to build community capacity to implement our service goals through resident and cross community engagement that is participatory, inclusive, deliberative, and collaborative.
The post holder will:
- Work to participate in all community networks of relevance developing trusted partnerships.
- Deliver Making Every Contact Count, raising awareness of the service and ensuring the service can reach the residents who might benefit from it.
- Engage with existing organisations across the public, private and charitable sectors to embed the service.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies.
- Are able to talk confidently to diverse groups and individuals, maintaining key messages.
- Have experience of community outreach and engagement.
Please visit our website at Work With Us – Everyone Health to view additional job opportunities and to download the adverts and full job specifications.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021
Please note: Interviews will be held remotely on the week commencing 24th May 2021.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.