Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
The key functions of the role are:
The Diabetes Specialist Health Trainer will provide support to individuals newly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, to help them make sustainable changes to their health behaviours. This includes healthy eating, physical activity, and support to maintain a healthy weight. Working as a Diabetes Specialist Health Trainer in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Lifestyle, you will:
- Help people identify how their behaviours may be affecting their health.
- Supporting individuals to create a health plan to help make changes to improve their health.
- Provide support for different dietary approaches, for example very low carbohydrate diets.
- Coordinate other service elements and specialities (e.g., stop smoking service, weight management service) into one cohesive service for the individual.
- Help individuals to become more knowledgeable about things that can affect their health and wellbeing, signposting to other agencies and professionals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with and engaging individuals and groups of adults.
- Experience of actively engaging with local communities.
- Desirable – experience of health screening and delivering NHS health checks.
- Experience of using Microsoft programmes (Word and Excel).
- Experience of team working.
- Experience of managing a personal workload or caseload.
Essential: GCSE Maths and English to at least Grade C, or equivalent.
Desirable: Recognised Health Trainer qualifications e.g. City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers, or equivalent, or Royal Society of Public Health Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement or equivalent. If this is not held, the post holder will be supported in achieving Everyone Health’s accredited behaviour change training during their first year in post.
Is this role for you?
Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: 23rd July 2021
Please note: Interviews will take place week commencing 26th July 2021
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.