Full Time and Part Time Hours Available
The key functions of the role are:
To provide a key role as a specialist Falls Prevention Health Trainer within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Healthy You Lifestyle service to contribute to a reduction in falls and fall-related injuries within Peterborough. This post will:
- In line with NICE guidance and the local community level falls prevention pathway, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based multifactorial falls risk assessments and interventions for adults 65+ at risk of falling or who report a fall
- Deliver group-based strength and balance classes (Falls Management Exercise (FaME) to contribute to a reduction in falls and falls-related injuries
- To play an active preventative role across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by spreading the message of the importance of strength and balance exercises and other evidence-based falls prevention activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with working with older individuals and managing fall risk factors
- Creative and pro-active with strong planning, time management, empathy, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in delivering falls prevention activity in groups and through 1:1 exercise advice.
- Flexible with a full UK licence and access to a car for work
- Experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations, and agencies
Is this role for you? Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 1st July 2022
Please note: Interviews will take place Wednesday 6th July 2022
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.