Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
The key functions of the role are:
To provide a key role as a specialist Falls Prevention Health Trainer within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Healthy You Lifestyle service to contribute to a reduction in falls and fall-related injuries within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This post will:
- In line with NICE guidance and the local community level falls prevention pathway, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based multifactorial falls risk assessments and interventions for adults 65+ at risk of falling or who report a fall.
- Deliver group based strength and balance classes (Falls Management Exercise (FaME)) to contribute to a reduction in falls and falls-related injuries.
- To play an active preventative role across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by spreading the message of the importance of strength and balance exercises and other evidence-based falls prevention activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with working with older individuals and knowledgeable of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing fall risk factors: healthy eating, increasing physical activity levels, and balance and strength training.
- Creative and pro-active with strong planning, time management, empathy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in delivering falls prevention activity in groups and through 1:1 exercise advice.
- Experienced in promoting and engaging individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
- Flexible with a full UK licence and access to a car for work
- Have recognised qualifications relevant to the role e.g., RSPH, City & Guilds and YMCA / REPs endorsed strength, balance and Chair Based Exercise qualifications
- Experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
Is this role for you? Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June 2021
Please note: Interviews will take place w/c 7th July 2021
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.