Full and part-time roles available
An exciting entry level opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual to join our Healthy Lifestyle and NHS Health Check Team. The role will have a special interest in delivering NHS Health Checks and supporting health promotion within the Healthy Communities Integrated Lifestyle Service in Staffordshire.
Working closely with the Healthy Adulthood Manager and Service Manager, you will support the delivery of NHS Health Checks for patients referred by their GP Practice, as well as following general promotion, events, and campaigns in local communities to ensure as many people as possible have received their NHS Health Check.
NHS Health Checks offer support for eligible adults through preventative screening which includes taking blood pressure, finger prick blood tests for cholesterol and blood glucose, discussing lifestyle habits (physical activity, smoking, alcohol, diet etc), and identifying the need for referral either into our own Tier 2 lifestyle and prevention services, community service signposting and/or for further clinical assessment. The service aims to identify and support those at risk of a range of vascular diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, dementia, and kidney disease.
Based from our Stafford office and playing a pivotal role in the wider Staffordshire team, the ideal candidate needs to be open to travel across Stafford and the surrounding areas, but will also need to be open and willing to support the team in other areas including Newcastle and North Staffordshire, Uttoxeter, Burton, Cannock and South Staffordshire as required.
This position will require the successful applicant to be competent working alone as well as with others. You will be responsible for the front-line delivery of the service and supporting clients on a one-to-one basis. You will be responsible for maintaining and replenishing your own equipment and communicating across the team and with the Healthy Adulthood Manager to ensure a quality service is delivered.
This can be a fast-paced role and will require a pro-active, versatile approach and can-do attitude to succeed. You must be able to manage your appointment time and be able to respond quickly to change. Additional duties may include admin support, one to one patient support calls and other events promotion.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have strong time management, empathy, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for own quality delivery needs and provide proactive communication.
- Have experience of, or a strong interest in delivering NHS Health Checks or public health service delivery.
- Display an awareness of key health messages around the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: smoking cessation, diet, physical activity, social isolation, weight management and alcohol consumption.
- A competent individual who enjoys working at community events both indoor and outdoor.
- Ideally possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in community-based services or public health.
- Training will be provided however a nutrition or other health degree (or equivalent) is advantageous.
- Applicants with other health qualifications or degrees may be considered for split service roles.
For more information and to download the job description please visit our website http://www.everyonehealth.co.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities/ and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 24th June 2022 Interviews: TBC
Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Everyone Health is an equal opportunities employer and an Investors in People organisation, who is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All applicants will be required to undertake checks and references prior to appointment.