Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Healthy Lifestyle Practitioner with experience and a special interest in health promotion and the delivery of NHS health checks within the Healthy Communities integrated lifestyle service in Staffordshire.
Playing a pivotal role in the wider Staffordshire team, the ideal candidate may be based in the Uttoxeter area but will need to be open to travel and supporting teams in other areas including Newcastle and North Staffordshire, Burton, Tamworth, Stafford, Cannock, and South Staffordshire as required.
This position will require the successful applicant to be competent working alone as well as supporting the existing teams to deliver our NHS Health Check Service. You will be responsible for the front-line delivery of the service to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities and will need to support clients on a one-to-one basis and be able to identify needs for further physical and mental wellbeing support.
The service offers support for eligible adults through preventative screening to identify and manage those at risk of a range of vascular diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, dementia, and kidney disease and to offer them appropriate advice, referral or follow up.
This can be a fast-paced role at busy events therefore this role requires a pro-active approach, and you must be able to manage your appointment time and react quickly to change. We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a flexible, versatile, and responsive ‘can do’ approach.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong time management, empathy, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in community-based services or public health.
- Have experience or a strong interest in delivering NHS Health Checks.
- Display an awareness of key health messages around the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: smoking cessation, diet, physical activity, social isolation, weight management and alcohol consumption.
- Be a pro-active individual who enjoys working at community events and can motivate and support individuals in community-based settings.
- Training will be provided however an NCSCT certificate, health degree (or equivalent) is advantageous.
Is this role for you?
For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: 6th June 2021
Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.