Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary including paid lunch breaks
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Health Trainer with a special interest in Mental Health to support the integrated Lifestyle Service across Cambridge and Huntingdon. Health Trainers form an integral element of our whole systems approach to health improvement by providing support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices.
The key functions of the role are:
To work closely with the Primary Care Mental Health Services (PCMHS) in Cambridge and Huntingdon by providing individual personal support to people who have a serious mental illness (SMI), focusing on improving key lifestyle behaviours and signposting to other relevant services. This post will:
· Improve the access of those with an SMI to lifestyle support and advice.
· Increase Health Trainer awareness and understanding of mental health; specifically SMI to enable them to identify mental health issues and advise appropriately.
· Increase capacity locally in terms of Mental Health First Aid delivery The successful candidate will:
· Have a good knowledge and understanding of mental health issues, including SMI.
· Have experience and knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels, smoking cessation and reducing alcohol consumption.
· Experienced in delivering / advising on community based healthy eating and physical activity opportunities.
· Experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Behaviour Change/Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
Recognised Health Trainer qualifications e.g., City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers, or equivalent, or Royal Institute of Public Health Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement or equivalent.
Is this role for you? Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: Closing date: 30th May 2022 Please note: Interviews will take place w/c 6th June 2022 All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.