Full /Part Time Role. (40 hours per week/Pro rata). Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Nutritionist with Mental Health experience delivering weight management and health promotion. This role will contribute to the development, provision, and coordination of the Adult Weight Management programme within the Lifestyle Service for adults aged 18 and over with serious mental illness delivered across the county of Staffordshire.
We support all areas of Staffordshire including Tamworth and Lichfield, Newcastle and North Staffordshire, Stafford, Cannock, Burton, South Staffordshire, and surrounding areas. The successful candidate may be based in East or West of Staffordshire but will need to be open to travel and supporting teams across the area as required.
This community-based service will be centred on supporting patients to lead healthier lives. The service offers a personalised care package for adults only with serious mental illness, with a focus on those who need support to lose and maintain a healthy weight, via face to face or digital offerings.
You will be responsible for providing high quality patient-centred care and working within a multi-disciplinary specialist team. Providing expert nutrition advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of the principles of behaviour change, you will support adults across Staffordshire, to make and maintain health related behaviour changes.
The successful candidate will be:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering specialist care and treatment to adults over 18 years with mental illness
- Passionate about providing high quality care and support.
- Able to deliver high standard nutritional care and advice within community-based weight management services.
- Delivering one to one and group interventions, for patients who are obese, who may also have co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team and have current registration with the Association of Nutritionists or BDA
Is this role for you?
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 20th April 2022 Interviews: TBC Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.