Full or Part Time Role. Competitive Salary
Exciting opportunities are available for experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Physical Activity Specialists with a passion and specialist interest in working with adults with Serious Mental Illness supporting their weight management. These roles will contribute to the development, provision, and coordination of a SMI Lifestyle Service for adults aged 18 and over, delivered across the county of Staffordshire.
This service offers a personalised care package with a focus on those with Serious mental illness who have low levels of activity levels and or are overweight. The service is provided through nutritional support, physical activity, and advice on maintaining a balanced and healthy diet.
You will be responsible for providing high quality, physical activity advice and support, including individualised exercise guidance, working within a multi-disciplinary community team. Providing expert physical activity advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of the principles of behaviour change, you will support adults, across Staffordshire, to make and maintain health related behaviour changes to improve health and wellbeing.
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about providing high quality, evidence-based services.
- Experienced in delivering high quality physical activity to adults over 18 with mental illness
- Experienced and confident in delivering one to one and group interventions, for adults with potential co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Passionate and experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to make and sustain behavioural changes.
- Must be CIMSPA registered.
Is this role for you?
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 1st July 2022 Interviews: TBC Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.