Full -Time Roles (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity is available for enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Nutritionist to support the Everyone Health Lifestyle Service in Southwark. Working as a key member of Southwark’s community-based Service. This integrated service includes weight management services for families and children.
This post will:
Provide support and practical information to families to help assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices.
Play a critical role in engaging families and use behaviour change techniques to support them to take an active role in their health and wellbeing. The Nutritionist will work with children aged between 4-17 years old, who will be supported by a parent or guardian. The post holder will work closely with other relevant partners and care teams across Southwark as well as having knowledge in the following:
- Sound knowledge of the complex care of the obese and morbidly obese patient.
- Knowledge of specific nutrition requirements for delivering specialist weight management programmes for adults, young people, and children.
- Knowledge of behavioural and emotional development issues.
- Knowledge of stigma associated with obesity and effects on social and emotional well-being.
- Knowledge of weight management, nutrition, and physical activity in relation to health improvement.
- Knowledge of psychological and behaviour change theoretical techniques in relation to supporting people to make positive lifestyle changes.
- Knowledge of NICE guidance relating to the treatment of obesity.
The successful candidate will:
- In line with NICE guidance, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based nutrition advice for children, including those seeking weight loss interventions in one to one and group settings, within the Weight Management Service.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT), provide expert advice and support, to ensure excellent patient healthcare and contractual outcomes.
- Play a pivotal role within an innovative, forward thinking, and collaborative multi-disciplinary team and integrated service in Southwark.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of health and wellbeing.
- Have experience and knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels.
- Experienced in delivering / advising on community based healthy eating and physical activity opportunities.
- Experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Behaviour Change/Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
- Desirable: Association of Nutrition (ANutr)
Is this role for you?
To apply: Please email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 14th July 2021
Please note: Interviews will be held w/c 19th July 2021
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.