Full and Part-time role available
An exciting opportunity is available for enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Health Trainers to support the Everyone Health Lifestyle Service in Southend-on-Sea. This post will be based within the Southend-on-Sea Primary Care Network, to form an integral part of the service, reaching into communities and supporting individuals to make and sustain behaviour changes to improve health and wellbeing.
The key functions of the role are:
To work in partnership with clinical and non-clinical colleagues, management support and the wider Primary Care Network to ensure the role delivers the best possible outcomes for individual patients by providing individual personal support, focusing on improving key lifestyle behaviours and signposting to other relevant services.
This will include:
- Care planning, health and wellbeing coaching and delivery of systematic self-management support based on a knowledge of individual’s activation levels.
- Support effective team working in primary care through taking on appropriate practice-based tasks, attending regular team meetings with both primary care and Everyone Health colleges to work with the complex care teams.
- Support for individuals to access appropriate community resources and services.
This post will:
- Provide support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices.
- Play a critical role in engaging patients and use health coaching techniques to support them to take an active role in their health and wellbeing.
- Increase awareness of health and wellbeing to those with low to medium complexity who will usually have 1 or more long term conditions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of health and wellbeing.
- Have experience and knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels, smoking cessation and reducing alcohol consumption.
- Experienced in delivering / advising on community based healthy eating and physical activity opportunities.
- Experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Behaviour Change/Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
Desirable: Recognised Health Trainer qualifications e.g., City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers, or equivalent, or Royal Institute of Public Health Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement or equivalent.
Is this role for you?
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 3rd March 2023
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications