East and North Staffordshire
Part time and Full time posts – Competitive Salary
Exciting opportunities are available for experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Physical Activity Specialists with a passion and specialist interest in community empowerment, weight management and falls prevention. These roles will contribute to the development, provision, and coordination of a Healthy Communities Integrated Lifestyle Service for adults aged 18 and over, delivered across the county of Staffordshire.
This community-based, multi component service brings together a range of different programmes under one Healthy Communities Service, centred on supporting residents to lead healthier lives. This adults-only service offers a personalised care package with a focus on those who have low levels of activity levels or feel socially isolated (adults over 18), and who are overweight or at risk of falling (adults over 50). The service is provided through psychological support, health checks, stop smoking advice, increasing physical activity and advice on maintaining a balanced and healthy diet.
You will be responsible for providing high quality, physical activity advice and support, including individualised exercise guidance, working within a multi-disciplinary community team. Providing expert physical activity advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of the principles of behaviour change, you will support adults, across Staffordshire, to make and maintain health related behaviour changes to improve health and wellbeing.
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about providing high quality, evidence-based services.
- Experienced in delivering high quality physical activity to adults over 18 within a community-based, health improvement service.
- Experience in providing multifactorial falls risk assessments and interventions for adults aged 50 and over at risk of falling or who have had a fall.
- Experienced and confident in delivering one to one and group interventions, for adults over 50, with potential co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Passionate and experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to make and sustain behavioural changes.
- Are CIMSPA registered.
- Have experience in Falls Prevention and either Level 2 OTAGO or Level 4 Postural Stability Instructor qualified.
Is this role for you?
For more information and to download the job description please click on the links below.
Closing date: 11th April 2021
Interviews: 14th April 2021 Please note: Interviews will be held virtually via Teams.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.