Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
The key functions of the role are: To provide a key role as a Physical Activity Specialist within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Lifestyle service primarily supporting delivery of the Everyone ‘Your Shape’ Tier-2 adult weight management service. This multi-component service will provide prevention and early intervention services, specifically targeting those at high risk of obesity. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT), provide specialist prescribed exercise and support (1-2-1 and group) across Tier 2 regarding the benefits of, and opportunities to reduce sedentary behaviour and increase habitual levels of physical activity, to ensure excellent patient healthcare and contractual outcomes.
The successful candidate will have
- Sound knowledge of prescribing exercise and advising on physical activity to special populations specifically obesity as well as at population / community level.
- Knowledge of specific physical activity and exercise requirements for delivering appropriate weight management programmes for adults and children.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in adult Tier 2 weight management programmes across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Experience of working with both adults and children in a one-to-one and group environment, to support positive lifestyle change.
- Degree or Diploma in relevant subject area, or equivalent knowledge and experience gained through working in a specialised physical activity role. REPs Level 3 Registration (REPS Level 4 desirable) and/or Member of CIMSPA at Practitioner level.
Is this role for you? Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 18th June 2021
Please note: Interviews are to be held remotely w/c 28th June 2021
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.