Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
The key functions of the role are:
To identify and provide support to individuals whose alcohol use may be putting their health at risk and want to tackle their increased alcohol use whilst also making broader changes to their lifestyle. Working as part of a multi-component service the Specialist Alcohol Health Trainer will keep the wider lifestyle abreast of big national campaigns in their specialist areas. Alcohol Specialist Health Trainers also deliver alcohol awareness training to internal colleagues, external professionals and community organisations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working with complex clients who are trying to change their behaviour.
- Have delivered Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) training previously.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, Organisations and agencies.
Is this role for you? Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description please visit our website Work With Us – Everyone Health and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Please note: Interviews will take place w/c 28th June 2021
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.