Part Time permanent Role (16 hours per week) £20,000-£25,000 pro rata
The key functions of the role are:
This role will contribute to the development, provision and coordination of all aspects of a Lifestyle service, integrating weight management, health improvement and behaviour change programmes. The role will be based in Fenland, and Peterborough. You will be assisting people to make health improvement goals and working with them to help them achieve these goals. In order to provide an outreach service you will be required to drive the company’s mobile clinic.
Ideally, you will have recognised Health Trainer qualifications but, most importantly, you’ll be a natural and passionate motivator, with excellent links to one or more of the local Eastern European populations, with excellent communication skills to engage with individuals on both a one to one and group basis, naturally building relationships within the local communities. Full training will be provided to the right candidate if needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about reducing health inequalities for communities
- Be able to fluently speak at least one of the appropriate, Eastern European community languages
- Have experience and knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels, smoking cessation and reducing alcohol consumption.
- Experience in delivering / advising on community based healthy eating and physical activity opportunities.
- Experience in empowering individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, Have strong time management, empathy, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in community-based services or public health.
- Have experience of, or a strong interest in delivering NHS Health Checks.
- Be a pro-active individual who enjoys working at community events and can motivate and support individuals in community-based settings.
- Utilising Behaviour Change/Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
Closing date: Tuesday 12th April 2022
Interviews will take place on: Tuesday 19th April 2022