North Warwickshire, Nuneaton, Bedworth, and Rugby areas
Full time or Part time role available
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Stop Smoking Practitioner for the stop smoking Service across Warwickshire
We are looking for a Level 2/3 stop smoking practitioner with the motivation, drive and passion to join our excellent team to help take the service forward. If you are looking for your next challenge and feel you meet the requirements of the Job Specification, then we would really welcome your application
The key functions of the role are:
- To plan and deliver evidence-based stop smoking advice and support for Warwickshire residents
- Provide ongoing support to a caseload of referrals, supporting each ‘quit attempt’ in line with national and company standards.
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and development of the stop smoking service including specific project work.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and non-verbal, and listening skills.
- Sound knowledge of delivering smoking cessation interventions and advising on smoking cessation to special populations
- Emotionally sensitive and empathetic to members of the public accessing our service.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with adults in a 1-2-1 face-face and over the telephone to support positive lifestyle change.
- Experience of using behaviour change models within a work context
- Experience of working virtually from home managing and prioritizing a busy caseload
Closing date: Monday 16th January 2023
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.