Full time permanent Role (40 hours per week) £20,000-£25,000 Peterborough and Cambridgeshire
Do you have the passion and commitment to assist and support women and their families to stop smoking during pregnancy?
We are looking for a Level 2 stop smoking practitioner with the motivation, drive and passion to join our excellent team to help take the service forward. If you are looking for your next challenge and feel you meet the requirements of the Job Specification, then we would really welcome your application
The key functions of the role are:
- To plan and deliver evidence-based stop smoking advice and support for pregnant women and their families
- Provide ongoing support to a caseload of referrals, supporting each ‘quit attempt’ in line with national and company standards.
- To work with Maternity Units (linked to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough population), midwives, health visitors and GP practices to increase referrals and the provision of healthy lifestyle support
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and non-verbal, and listening skills.
- Sound knowledge of delivering smoking cessation interventions and advising on smoking cessation to special populations
- Emotionally sensitive and empathetic to members of the public accessing our service.
We would like to hear from you if you are experienced in:
- Experience of working in smoking cessation programmes / public health programmes
- Experience of working with adults in a 1-2-1 and group environment, to support positive lifestyle change.
- Experience of using behaviour change models within a work context
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting with patients of different cultures, genders and ages.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2022
Interviews will take place on: Friday 6th May 2022
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.