Fixed Term Contract until February 2024 (potential to become permanent)
The Stop Smoking Practitioner is responsible for supporting and facilitating smoking cessation programmes within the Everyone Health stop smoking service in Bristol. You will be providing high quality behavioural support and pharmacological advice to Bristol residents who wish to stop smoking. You will predominately be delivering 1:1 virtual support to Bristol residents over the telephone ensuing clients have all the knowledge and tools to successfully quit smoking and maintain their quit. You will have a particular focus on supporting pregnant people and their partners to quit as well as people with long term health conditions. If you are enthusiastic, motivated and looking to make a difference then this is the role for you
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1-year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, smoking as an addiction behaviour, withdrawal and relapse.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies.
- Are currently registered with the NCSCT as a Stop Smoking Practitioner (or willing to work towards this qualification).
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, a focus on detail and quality
Closing date: 13th January 2023
Please note:Interviews to be held shortly after closing date.
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.