Part -Time Role (24 hours per week). Competitive Salary
The key functions of the role are:
The Stop Smoking Practitioner and Community Engagement Lead is responsible for supporting and facilitating the development of community-based smoking cessation programmes.
Working in conjunction with a delivery team, you will be planning and delivering a dynamic and accessible smoking cessation service across Redbridge. You will be improving accessibility of the Stop Smoking Service through the pro-active promotion of the smoking cessation programme and referral pathways amongst primary and secondary care services, other key health care providers, allied professionals, community development initiatives, local agencies and the general public. If you are enthusiastic, motivated and looking to make a difference then this is the role for you.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing high quality care and services.
- Experienced in delivering high standard smoking cessation programme across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Experienced in delivering one to one and group interventions, to support positive behaviour and life style change.
- Experienced in delivery of specialist care and treatment in health and community settings, ideally with a minimum 1 years’ experience.
- NCSCT accredited (desirable), or willing to achieve within 3 months of commencing role.
- Experience of using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting with patients of different cultures, genders and ages.
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes.
- Experience of working to challenging performance targets and achieving excellent outcomes.
Is this role for you?
If you are an excellent communicator who is enthusiastic, motivated and looking to make a difference to the health of local communities, then this is the role for you.
Closing date: 15th July 2021
Please note: Interviews will be held w/c 19th July 2021
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.