Predominantly Home Based
Full Time Role 40 hours, including paid lunch break.
Providing support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices. Working virtually, you will be promoting healthy lifestyles, encouraging healthier eating, increasing levels of physical activity, supporting individual to reduce their alcohol intake and delivering stop smoking interventions using a range of approaches and methods. This role will promote access into the service, identifying, supporting and empowering behaviour change. Ideally, you’ll have experience or qualifications in healthy lifestyles, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural and passionate motivator with excellent communication skills to engage with individuals on a one to one basis.This post will:
Support residents across Devon to live healthier lives, you will work with individuals and partners to reduce health inequalities. You will deliver nationally recognised health intervention programmes whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team. The post holder will contribute to the wider service achieving its targets and outcomes. There will be a requirement to work at least 1 evening per week.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals virtually.
- Are proficient in using databases and keeping accurate client records
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
Closing date: Monday 16th May 2022
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.