Part time role (16 to 20 hours per week). Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support the Stop Smoking Service across South Gloucestershire. You will be providing high quality behavioural support and pharmacological advice to pregnant women across South Gloucestershire who wish to stop smoking.
The key functions of the role are:
- Plan, deliver and facilitate the smoking cessation service.
- Deliver smoking cessation support via one-to-one appointments (telephone and face to face).
- Improve accessibility and engagement of the Stop Smoking Service through the pro-active promotion of the smoking cessation programme and referral pathways.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1-year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, smoking as an addiction behaviour, withdrawal and relapse.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies.
- Are currently registered with the NCSCT as a Stop Smoking Practitioner (or willing to work towards this qualification).
Is this role for you?
Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people to live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to hear from you.
To apply: For more information and to download the job description/specification, please visit our website https://everyonehealth.co.uk/work-with-us/ and email your CV and a COVER LETTER to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date: 9am on Monday 23rd August 2021.
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 26th August and Tuesday 31st August 2021.
Please note: All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.