Full Time Role
Fixed term contract for 12 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a new Tobacco Dependency Service, working at Queens Hospital Burton. We are looking to appoint two Tobacco Dependency Advisors to support the in hospital Stop Smoking Project.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly developing service, as well as support and contribute toward the existing Staffordshire Integrated Stop Smoking Service at Everyone Health Staffordshire. This role is full time, and will initially be Monday to Friday, with the potential to work flexibly to include evenings and weekends as the service continues to develop.
The Tobacco Dependency Advisor will be responsible for supporting Inpatients throughout Burton Hospital, to deliver Stop Smoking or Temporary Abstinence support, and providing personalised treatment plans, provision of pharmacotherapy and a discharge plan.
This will be a challenging but extremely rewarding role. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, and looking to make a big difference, then this is the role for you!
The Ideal Candidate would:
- Be NCSCT Certified or willing to gain the qualification
- Have previous experience of working as a Stop Smoking Advisor
- Or have previous experience working within a hospital or clinical environment.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based smoking cessation service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the range and appropriate use of different smoking cessation interventions.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, smoking as an addiction behaviour, withdrawal, and relapse.
- Are flexible with working day.
- Possess good time management and planning skills.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals in virtual and community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
For more information and to download the job description please visit our website http://www.everyonehealth.co.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities/ and email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]