The key functions of the role are:
Each of the available roles will contribute to the development and provision of the Child Weight Management, Exercise on Referral, Walking Away from Diabetes or Stop Smoking Services in London (Southwark).
You will play a pivotal role within one of these services, you will be responsible for providing high quality, advice and support, including NICE Compliant GP Referral , one to one or group delivery. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary specialist team and must be able to provide expert guidance, support and advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of theoretical principles of behaviour change, to enable individuals and families to make informed decisions in relation to their health, lifestyle and wellbeing.
This post will:
- The roles will be on casual basis initially and will commence August 2022, you maybe will be required to deliver group exercise sessions, one to one initial or final assessments or virtually advise and guide individuals through positive behaviour change
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Delivering one to one and group interventions for children and adults who may have health conditions, with potential co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Stop Smoking or Desmond WAFD Practitioner.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Appropriate qualifications, either: Group Exercise Instructor, Child Instruction qualification, GP referral Instructor (CIMPSA OR REPS registered) Desmond, SS qualification
- Minimum of two years’ experience working across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient setting
Is this role for you?
Closing date: 15th August 2022
All offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.