Full Time Role (40 hours per week). Competitive Salary
Based in Peterborough
An exciting opportunity is available for enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Health Trainers to support the Healthy You Lifestyle Service in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Based in local communities, these roles form an integral part of the service, reaching into communities and supporting individuals to make and sustain behaviour changes to improve health and wellbeing.
The key functions of the role are:
Health Trainers provide support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices. Working in communities, you will be delivering NHS Health checks, promoting healthy lifestyles, encouraging healthier eating and increasing levels of physical activity using a range of approaches and methods. This role will promote access into the service, identifying, supporting and empowering behaviour change for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough residents. Ideally, you’ll have experience or qualifications in healthy lifestyles, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural and passionate motivator with excellent communication skills to engage with individuals on both a one to one and group basis, naturally building relationships within the local communities. Full training will be provided to the right candidates.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1-year experience working in a community based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, Organisations and agencies
- Be able to speak Urdu/Punjabi (desirable)
Is this role for you?
Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
To apply: Please submit your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
Closing date: 13th May 2022
Please note: Interviews will take place w/c 16th May 2022