Full Time Role (37.5 hours per week; 12-month contract)
£26-30K per annum
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated Nutritionist or Dietitian with experience and a special interest in weight management and health promotion. This role will contribute to the development, provision, and coordination of the Adult Weight Management programme within the One Small Step, Healthy Lifestyle Service for adults aged 18 and over, delivered across Devon.
The role will involve virtual service delivery (telephone based). We support all areas of Devon, excluding Plymouth and Torbay.
One Small Step is a community-based, multi component service bringing together a range of different programmes under one Healthy Lifestyles Service. The service includes a personalised weight management care pathway for adults (over 18), with a focus on those who need support to lose weight.
You will be responsible for providing high quality client-centred, evidence-based dietary advice and support within the programme, working within a multi-disciplinary specialist team. Providing expert nutrition advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of the principles of behaviour change, you will support adults across Devon, to make and maintain health related behaviour changes.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about providing high quality care and services.
- Experienced in delivering high standard nutritional care and advice within community services.
- Experienced in delivering one to one interventions, to support weight management and dietary improvement, for clients who may also have co-morbidities / complex needs.
- Experienced in understanding the psychology of eating and complex factors influencing weight management.
- Experienced in delivery of specialist care and treatment in health and community settings, with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experienced in working independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Currently registered with the Association of Nutritionists or BDA
Closing date: 25th October 2021, 12 noon
Please note: Interviews will be held virtually
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.